Last updated July 16, 2012
1. The Leadership Process in Islam. Article partly based on Leadership: An Islamic Perspective which I co-authored with Dr. Jamal Badawi (1999)
1.a. Table of Contents of my book, Strategic Planning and Implementation for Islamic Organizations.
1.b. What is Strategic Management?–First chapter from Strategic Planning and Implementation for Islamic Organizations Copyrighted 2006, Rafik Beekun.
1.c. Effective Leadership Steps for Strategy Implementation–Chapter 11 from Strategic Planning and Implementation for Islamic Organizations. Copyrighted, 2006, Rafik Beekun.
2. Introduction to Islamic Business Ethics. Excerpt from my book on Islamic Business Ethics.
Codes of ethics for Muslims in various professions
2. Sample code of ethics for Muslim Businessmen from the book Islamic Business Ethics by Rafik Beekun.
3. Code of ethics for Muslim Chaplains in the military. Source: The Islamic Society of North America, Islamic Leadership Development Center.
4. Code of ethics for engineers. Source: National Society of Professional Engineers.
Download Translation of Meaning of the Holy Quran
Guides and Manuals
1. Muslims in the Workplace: A Good Practice Guide for Employers and Employees. Muslim Council of Britain and DTI, 2005. This guide is more relevant for Britain and provides guidance on the Employment Equality (Religion or Belief) Regulations which came into force on December 2, 2003. This law provides direct protection against religious discrimination in employment and vocational training in Britain. This guide is to assist British employers in complying with the Regulations and to provide a better understanding of the daily Islamic practices.
2. Know Your Rights Pocket Guide. Several sections of this guide from the Council on American Islamic Relations (CAIR) are of special interest: (a) Your legal rights as an employee, (b) When faced with discrimination on the job, (c) Know your legal rights as an airline passenger, (d) If federal law enforcement contacts you, and (e) Reacting to Anti-Muslim hate crimes.
3. Religion or Belief in the Workplace. An excellent guide for employers and employees by ACAS in the UK about different faith-based communities, including Islam. Since Muslims too are required to respect the beliefs of their employers, employees and colleagues, this guide may be of help.
4. Dress code for Muslim men and women. Author: Professor Jamal Badawi. This download is in the form of a booklet that you need to staple in the middle. After stapling, you will have a booklet with the pages in sequential order.
5. Gender equity in Islam by Professor Jamal Badawi.
5. How to pray Salat-ul-Istikhara (English, Arabic, French, German and Spanish).
6. This set of guidelines is only for astronauts while in space. Please click here to download “A Guideline of Performing Ibadah at the International Space Station”.
7. An Employer’s Guide to Islamic Religious Practices by the Council on American Islamic Relations, June 2011
1. Muslims, Ramadhan and the Workplace. A helpful handout from Kwintessential.
2. Against Terrorism and Religious Extremism: Muslim Position and Responsibilities. An extremely helpful and clearly written handout by the Islamic Society of North America addressed to both Muslims and non-Muslims.
3. Brochure Anti-Terrorisme et Anti-extrémisme en langue française. Une brochure extrêmement utile et clairement écrite par la Société Islamique de l’Amérique du Nord (ISNA) adressée aux Musulmans et aux non-Musulmans francophones du monde entier.
4. Full text of fatwa by Islamic Commission of Spain against Osama Bin Laden and Al-Qaida (in English, French and the original Spanish).
Reports involving Muslims and Work-related Conditions in Various Geographical Areas
1. Sachar Committee Report on the Status of Muslims in India tabled in Parliament on November 30, 2006. This report (about 12-13 megabytes long) includes data on affirmative action with respect to Muslim workers in India.
3. 2006 Human Rights Watch Report entitled “Building Towers, Cheating Workers” about the exploitation of migrant foreign workers in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) can be downloaded from here.
4. Community based approaches to counter terrorism. A recent report by the think tank Demos and funded in part by the country’s Department for Communities and Local Government on how UK counter-terrorism efforts are alienating the Muslim Community in Britain by failing to discuss “reasonable” grievances raised by the Muslim community.
5. United Nations Development Program 2005 Human Development Report. The whole report focuses on the human development of women in Arab countries, and details obstacles to their advancement and progress. It also suggests possible solutions. The whole report can be purchased on line for US$10 and downloaded from here.
6. Employment for Australian Muslims. This report from the Department of
Immigration and Multicultural and Indigenous Affairs (DIMIA) was done in 2005 in consultation with key stakeholders, including community representatives via the Federation of Ethnic Communities’ Councils of Australia (FECCA) and government agencies. It details the problems that Australian Muslims face in the workplace and outline strategic directions for dealing with these issues. If you are thinking of immigrating to Australia to work, please read pages 6-9 of the report.
7. BBC and GlobeScan 2007 Survey of Islam and the West. A February 2007 survey of over 28,000 respondents across 27 countries was conducted for the BBC World Service by the international polling firm GlobeScan together with the Program on International Policy Attitudes (PIPA) at the University of Maryland. This survey found that religion and culture are not to blame for the tensions between Islam and the West, and 58 percent say intolerant minorities are causing the conflict – with most of these (39% of the full sample) saying that the intolerant minorities are on both sides. The report is in pdf format, and is 1 megabyte long.
8. Pew Forum Report detailing how Americans perceive Muslims and Mormons in 2007. To download a copy of this report , please click here.
9. The Audacity to Change: Reframing American Policy on The Israeli-Palestinian Conflict by Marda Dunsky, Institute for Social Policy and Understanding. To download a copy of this report from ISPU, please click here.
1. Download an excellent Powerpoint slideshow on the Prophet Muhammad (s) and you. The Prophet (s) is the role model (ouswatoun hasana) for all mankind. At work, we often try to emulate other more “worldly models of success”, only to find out that those we try to emulate are empty shells. Emulating the Prophet (s) to the best of our ability will never, Insha Allah, lead any Muslim to disappointment.
1. Please click here to download the whole report from FAIR on:” Smearcasting: How Islamophobes spread fear, bigotry and misinformation“
2. Download the executive summary of the February 2008 Scotland Yard investigation of Benazir Bhutto’s assassination (3.3 megabytes).
Key Islamic downloads of interest
Please note that the list within this section about downloadable Qur’anic texts and Tafsirs was generated by the website Ideal Muslimah.
PDF Translations and Transliterations of the Holy Qu’ran in English language:
- The Transliteration of the Noble Quran – ENGLISH
- Download Translation of the Meaning of the Noble Quran (with Arabic text) – ENGLISH (30MB)
- Download Translation of the Meaning of the Noble Quran (without arabic text) – ENGLISH (1.55MB)
- Download Tafsir ibn Kathir (Abridged) 10 Volumes- Detailed ENGLISH EXPLANATION of each of the Quran verses (33.2MB)
PDF Word to Word meaning of the Holy Qur’an in the English language:
- Volume 1 Part A — Juz 1 to 5 (File Size: 27 MB)
- Volume 1 Part B — Juz 6 to 10 (File Size: 24 MB)
- Volume 2 Part A — Juz 11 to 15 (File Size: 28 MB )
- Volume 2 Part B — Juz 16 to 20 (File Size: 24 MB)
- Volume 3 Part A — Juz 21 to 15 (File Size: 29 MB)
- Volume 3 Part B — Juz 26 to 30 (File Size: 28 MB)
*Please visit the web site (emuslim.com) for smaller files and more.
PDF Translations and Transliterations in other languages:
- Download Translation of the Meaning of the Noble Koran – Albanian/Shqip
- Download Translation of the Meaning of the Noble Koran – Bahasa (Indonesia)
- Download Translation of the Meaning of the Noble Koran – Bosanski (Bosnian)
- Download Translation of the Meaning of the Noble Koran – Brahui
- Download Translation of the Meanings of Koran -Mynmar- Burmese 1/2
- Download Translation of the Meanings of Koran -Mynmar- Burmese 2/2
- Download Translation of the Meaning of the Noble Koran – Chiche?a
- Download Translation of the Meaning of the Noble Koran – Chinese
- Download Meaning of the Holy Koran in Deutsch
- Download Translation of the Meanings of Koran – Suomi – Finnish
- Download Translation of the Meaning of the Noble Koran in French Language – Francias
- Download Translation of the Meanings of Koran – Fulani
- Download Translation of the Meanings of Koran – Greek
- Download Meaning of the Holy Koran in Hausa
- Translation of the Meaning of the Noble Koran in (Filipino) Iranon Language
- Download Translation of the Meaning of the Noble Koran – Kashmiri
- Download Translation of the Meaning of the Noble Koran – Kazakh
- Download Translation of the Meaning of the Noble Koran – Korean
- Download Translation of the Meaning of the Noble Koran – Macedonian
- Download Translation of the Meaning of the Noble Koran – Malayalam
- Translation of the Meaning of the Noble Quran in N’KO (Bambara) Language
- Translation of the Meaning of the Noble Quran in Pushtu Language Volume 1
- Translation of the Meaning of the Noble Quran in Pushtu Language Volume 2
- Download Translation of the Meanings of Noble Koran -Persian/Farsi
- Download Meaning of the Holy Koran in Polish
- Download Meaning of the Holy Koran in Portuguese
- Download The Meaning of Holy Koran Russian
- Download Translation of the Meaning of the Noble Koran – Sindhi
- Translation of the Meaning of the Holy Quran in Sinhala (Part)
- Download The Meaning of Holy Koran Spanish
- Download Translation of the Meanings of Koran – Tamil
- Download The Meaning of Holy Koran Telugu
- Download The Meaning of Holy Koran Thai
- Download Interpretation of the Meaning of the Noble Qur’an in Urdu – pdf (62MB)
- Download Tafseer Al-Sadi in Urdu. pdf (353MB)
- Download Translation of the Meanings of Koran – Uyghur
- Download Translation of the Meanings of Koran – Vietnamese
- Download Translation of the Meanings of Koran – Yoroba
Please note that translations of the Qur’an are exactly that: translations of the meaning of the Qur’an. They cannot substitute for the original Qur’an in Arabic. We would strongly encourage those want to learn about Islam to purchase a hardcopy of the Qur’aan but with the following conditions:
Get one with commentary (e.g tafseer ibn Kathir)
- Learn Qur’anic Arabic (Fus’aa).
After you have read the translation of Qur’aan and if you wish to understand Qur’an in details, then please click below to download:
- Tafseer Ibn Khatir – Detailed Explanation of Quranic Verses in English(33 MB)
- Riyad-us Saliheen - (Gardens of the Righteous) is a Compilation of verses from the Qur’an and hadith by Yahiya ibn Sharaf al-Nawawi. It contains approximately 1900 hadiths mainly from the Six major Hadith collections. It is among the most widely read book by Muslims after the Qur’an (5.5MB)