Professor Rafik Beekun, University of Nevada
This past week, in joint cooperation with the Shura Council of Southern California and Dr. Muzammil Siddiqui, we just completed and launched an “Islamic Management Series” lectures on DVD covering 10 lectures based on the training workshops which I have conducted globally with Islamic for profit and not for profit organizations and masajid. Each lecture was professionally filmed in front of a live Muslim audience, and the whole DVD set (10 DVDs) includes about 13 hours of lectures (with separate viewable slide shows, and individually accessible modules) on the following topics:
1. Leadership from an Islamic Perspective Vol. 1. [2 modules, 1 hour and 5 minutes]
a. Defining leadership.
b. The Leader as Coach and Delegator.
2. Leadership from an Islamic Perspective Vol. 2. [2 modules, 1 hour and 30 minutes]]
a. Leadership and Emotional Intelligence in Islam.
b. Developing effective leaders
3. How Does Islam Guide Us in Managing Stress? [6 modules, 1 hour and 18 minutes]]
a. What is stress?
b. Three approaches to stress.
c. Sources & effects of stress.
d. Stress coping mechanisms.
e. Islamic coping mechanisms.
f. Preventive stress management
4. Managing Conflict in Islamic Organizations [6 modules, 1 hour and 40 minutes]
a. What is conflict?
b. Conflict management.
c. Levels of conflict and the conflict process.
d. Conflict resolution techniques.
e. Step-by-step process for resolving conflict.
f. Constructive functions of conflict
5. Business Ethics from an Islamic Perspective [5 modules, 1 hour and 27 minutes]
a. Three approaches to ethical business dilemmas
b. Uniqueness of the Islamic code of ethics
c. Factors influencing ethical behavior
d. The Islamic ethical system
e. Islamic business ethics from a stakeholders’ perspective
6. Team-Building in Islamic Organizations [6 modules, 1 hour and 10 minutes]
a. Importance of team activities in Islam
b. A team is not a “group”
c. Stages of team development & Implications for leadership
d. Team-player and team-leader styles
e. Dysfunctional decision-making in teams
f. How to build an effective team
7. Communication from an Islamic Perspective [6 modules, 1 hour and 34 minutes]
a. The importance of communication
b. The communication process and model
c. Components of verbal and nonverbal communication
d. Barriers to effective communication
e. Multicultural communication
f. Improving communication through the Islamic etiquette of communication
8. Time Management for Islamic Organizations [1 module, 1 hour and 22 minutes]
9. Strategic Planning and Implementation for Islamic Organizations [5 modules, 1 hour and 50 minutes]
a. Introducing strategic management
b. Developing a strategic plan
c. Developing an operational plan
d. Strategy implementation
e. Strategy evaluation
10. Improving the Effectiveness of Boards of Islamic Organizations [1 module, 1 hour]
The whole DVD set is $100, not including shipping, and is meant for Islamic organizations or leaders interested in training or continuous learning. Insha Allah, we will sell the lectures separately later on.
We do not sell on consignment. For overseas orders, please contact me directly via email. Please order the DVD set directly through my e-store which uses PayPal. My e-store is located at: http://www.theislamicworkplace.com/Books.html